Marriage and Parenting (MaP)
The SSBC MaP Ministry exists to advance the mission of SSBC by helping to cultivate and strengthen Christ-centered families and marriages. Specifically, the ministry strives to offer biblically-centered knowledge, hope, and encouragement to existing or soon-to-be married couples and parents through a variety of channels to achieve the following objectives:
- Clearly model and teach God’s plan for marriages and parenting
- Provide opportunities for parents and couples to build relationships, fellowship, and challenge and encourage one another through events, small groups, etc.
- Strengthen and improve the relationship between spouses, parents, and children
- Provide a stepping stone for couples or marriages experiencing challenges
- Equip parents to create Christ-centered homes and raise children with a heart for God
- Facilitate ways for busy parents and couples to gather wisdom and knowledge about their roles as spouses and parents
- As one of many ministries, serve as a steward to the SSBC community, working in concert with the leadership and other ministry teams to maintain an appropriate level of focus on the areas of marriage and parenting
Sunday | 6:15-7:40pm The MaP Ministry offers a time of fellowship for parents and an opportunity to learn ways to effectively parent during the Sunday evening kids’ activities, Olympians for Christ (K-5) and Youth Group (Grades 6-12). Grab a cup of coffee and join us! All parents are welcome to attend, whether your children attend Olympians for not.
This fall we are covering the series, VISIONARY PARENTING, by Dr. Rob Rienow.