King Jesus sends his followers into the whole world to disciple the nations. What could be better than sharing the greatest story ever told? Here are some ways we equip ourselves as a missions-sending fellowship:
- MEET: Throughout the year visiting missionaries share with us on Sunday morning or in small groups or special events.
- LEARN: Stop by the new Missions Kiosk, a touch screen learning center featuring our missionaries around the world. SSBC’s Discipleship Curriculum offers a basic introduction to world missions. Contact Seth.
- PRAY: Use our Missionary Prayer Directory (look for the blue cover) to pray for each of the missionaries our church partners with. Contact Lisa Towle, our Missionary Contact Coordinator, to receive regular prayer updates from our missionaries.
- TRAVEL: Every year, mission trips are organized to give people first-hand experience on the mission field. You could also plan your personal travel to provide encouragement and assistance to our missionaries.
- ADOPT: We encourage every household to adopt a missionary to correspond with and to uphold in prayer. Lisa Towle, our Missionary Contact Coordinator, would be glad to suggest a missionary for you to adopt.
- UNITE: Every October special guest speakers expand our global vision during our Missions Week. This is the time we each prayerfully pledge financial support to our missionaries for the coming year. Our missions budget is separate from the operations budget and is based upon the “faith promise” pledges received from the congregation during the fall Missions Week.
- CARE: Pray over this week’s Missionary Focus to the right!